Becky Jo Summers
Deputy Town Clerk
14093 Mill Street
PO Box 420
Collins, NY 14034
Phone: (716) 532-4887 ext. 101
Fax: (716) 532-3968
Monday thru Friday
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
2017 Board Meetings & Town Hall Closed
Click here for listing of 2017 board meetings and days closedTOC Closed Mtgs
The Town Clerk's Office issues the following:
- A license is required for all dogs at four months of age.
- To license a dog, you will need a rabies certificate from a licensed veterinarian and a spayed/neutered certificate (which will be returned to you).
- The fees for licensing a dog are: $6.00 for a spayed or neutered dog and $13.00 for an unspayed or un-neutured dog.
Handicap Parking Permit
The Clerk's office issues handicap parking permits for residents of the Town of Collins. Forms are available at the office. Complete part 1, have your doctor complete part 2, bring the completed form and your driver's or non-driver's license/ID card to the Town Clerk.
Any hunter may obtain their hunting or fishing license in the Town Clerk's office. Bring your driver's license with you. If you are a new hunter, bring your certification(s) from the course(s) you took.
To obtain a marriage license, both parties must appear with the following:
- Identification: driver's license, non-driver's ID, passport or Military ID, birth certificate.
- Proof of dissolution of all previous marriages: divorce papers and/or death certificate.
- The license is not valid until 24 hours after issue; but will be valid for sixty (60) days. The marriage license fee is $40.
Certified copies of birth records can be obtained by completing a request form and sending or bringing it to the Town Clerk's Office with a check payable to Collins Town Clerk in the amount of $10 per copy. Include proof of identity and relationship to the individual. To obtain your birth certificate, you must be at least 18 years old. Parents listed on the certificate can obtain certified copies. A request form must be completed and proof of identity shown.
Certified copies of death records can be obtained by completing a request form and sending or bringing it to the Town Clerk's Office with a check payable to Collins Town Clerk in the amount of $10 per copy. Include proof of identity and relationship to the individual. You have to be the spouse, parent or child of the deceased to obtain the death certificate or have a documented lawful right or documented medical right. A request form must be completed and proof of identity shown.