Collins, NY is the southernmost town in Erie County, Cattaraugus Creek being the southern boundary line. Collins was formed from Concord on the 16th of March, 1821; North Collins was taken off in November, 1852, leaving this town with its present area of about sixty-two square miles. It includes a large part of the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation, which extends north-westerly from Gowanda along Cattaraugus Creek.
The Town of Collins is bordered on the south by beautiful Zoar Valley. Our neighbors to the West include the Seneca Nation of Indians
The Town of Collins is served by three school districts, Gowanda Central
, Springville Griffith Institute
and North Collins Central
The Town of Collins submitted an application to be included on Erie County's Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan. This plan will include information the Town will use in the event of a Federally declared emergency for which grant money may be applied. See right column for more info.